It can be argued that in the summer heat a considerable number of lovers will be able to cut a cold melon that can easily satisfy thirst and pleasantly cool the body. Oh, how beautiful and fragrant this berry is, not to mention its dietary qualities and beneficial properties, which are widely used in medicine and cosmetology. No wonder in many countries, it is the melon dishes that are favorite, because they are truly unforgettable tastes.
Melon came to us from the countries of Central Asia, where the most famous and unique varieties of this fruit are still grown. But, oddly enough, the homeland of the melon is India and parts of Africa, where the first plantations of this berry appeared even several centuries before our era.
And still the melon never ceases to delight us and, of course, enjoy great demand.
By the way, in Uzbekistan the melon grows almost everywhere, one can even say as a weed. They eat it there, like potatoes - all year round, stocking up for the winter. It is usually stored in a frozen state.
Dried melon is considered the main and popular delicacy in Uzbekistan. Such popularity of a melon is not at all groundless, because this berry contains a huge variety of vitamins and useful components, without which it is difficult to imagine a healthy human body.
For example, melon is rich in silicon, which is very necessary for the nervous system and intestinal walls, it is silicon that affects the appearance of hair and skin, is very useful for the digestive process.
By the way, the melon contains a large amount of vitamin C, three times more than in a watermelon, for example.
And in the melon there is fiber, which contributes to the elimination of cholesterol from the body, improves the functioning of the intestines and has a beneficial effect on its microflora. And this is only a small part of the beneficial properties of melon!
Naturally, so that the melon does not bother fresh, it can also be cooked in a variety of ways, so that you can diversify your diet, and even enrich yourself with vitamins. In cooking, most often use the pulp, which we used to eat raw, but do not forget about the skin, from which you can also cook unusual versions of dishes.
For the preparation we need:
- 2 small melons,
- a glass of peach juice
- 500 grams of champagne
- a bunch of mint,
- peeled pumpkin seeds.
- From the kitchen tools we need a blender and a pan.
- Cut the first melon in half and peel it with a tablespoon.
- Next, take the second melon - cut, take out the pulp, wash and cut into small pieces.
- Pieces of the second melon into the blender, add the peach juice and champagne to the same place, crush at medium speed until it is sour cream mass.
- The resulting mixture is poured into a saucepan and put in the fridge for a couple of hours to cool the mixture.
- Then take the melon halves and fill them with the resulting soup, top it with mint and pumpkin seeds, you can add a few rings of marmalade. Soup is designed for 2 persons.
For the preparation we need:
- 1 melon weighing 1.5-2 kg,
- 2 pcs. cucumbers,
- a glass of lemon juice,
- 150 ml of natural yogurt,
- a couple of sprigs of mint,
- 50 g of arugula,
- 1 clove garlic,
- chili 1 pod,
- olive oil,
- salt and pepper.
- The most delicious dishes are often chilled. From the inventory, we, again, need a blender and a pan.
- Melon must be washed, cleaned and cut into small cubes.
- Cucumbers, peeled and cut into rings.
- Fold cucumbers and melon slices into a blender, beat until smooth.
- Then add all the other ingredients and whip to get a whole mass.
- Soup is poured into the pan and put in the fridge for half an hour, after which you can serve to the table, decorating the plates with mint pieces, you can add crushed ice.
We will need for 2 persons:
- 1 melon,
- 250 grams of lettuce,
- 20 g goat cheese,
- 100 g of bacon,
- 10 pieces. Cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil, mustard and pine nuts.
- Wash the melon, remove the seeds and cut it into pieces, lay it carefully on a plate.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves, spread them to the melon, add lettuce leaves, which need to be crushed with your hands, crumbled goat cheese and report pine nuts.
- Mix olive oil and mustard, you can add a spoonful of honey.
- Dress up the salad dressing.
- Bacon can decorate the plate or put it together with the rest of the ingredients.
What else can you make from melon? You can make soft drinks or original desserts, which, having tasted once, will want more than once!
For the preparation we need:
- 1 small melon,
- 30 g crushed fresh ginger,
- 0.5 liters of white semi-dry wine.
- We take a melon, clean out the bones and remove the skin, thoroughly wash.
- The resulting pulp is cut into small pieces and grind in a blender until smooth.
- The resulting mixture is poured into a container and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- At the end of time, pour the wine to the melon mixture, mix thoroughly and serve in glasses.
To prepare for 2 persons we need:
- 1 melon,
- 120 grams of sugar
- 2 pcs. lemon,
- mint to taste.
- We clean the melon from the peel and bones, wash and cut into pieces.
- Throw in a blender, add lemon juice and sugar, mix all ingredients until smooth, add mint to taste.
- Putting the mixture in the pre-prepared form and put in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Then take out the cooling mixture and beat with a mixer again, then again put for 2-3 hours in the freezer.
- When time is up, ice cream can be laid out on plates and garnished with mint or sprinkled with mint sauce.
The main thing is not to forget that melon is sometimes insidious, it can not be mixed with milk and watermelons, such a mixture can cause bloating and abdominal pain.
Melon Desserts - Basic Cooking Principles
Mostly melon consumed fresh, but from it you can also cook delicious desserts. The most popular ones are jam, jelly, confiture and marmalade. For those who are on a diet like melon fruit salads.
Melon produces very tasty and aromatic pastries, but mostly desserts are cooked without heat treatment, which allows you to save all the useful properties.
In summer, cold refreshing desserts are prepared from the melon. It can be frozen, ice cream or cocktails.
Desserts can be made from any kind of melon. The main thing is that it is ripe, juicy and not have damage and signs of rot.
The melon is thoroughly washed under a tap, then wiped with a towel and peeled. The pulp is crushed as indicated in the recipe.
Melon desserts will be even more useful if they are cooked with other fruits or cottage cheese.
Recipe 1. Melon sugar-lemon dessert
melon - one and a half kilograms,
1. My melon, cut it in half and remove the seeds with fibers with a spoon. Cut off the peel with a sharp knife. Pulp cut into small cubes.
2. Using the finest grater, remove the lemon zest. Then cut it and squeeze the juice from the pulp into a saucepan. Pour sugar into lemon juice and boil a fairly thick syrup. Add to it a couple of spoons of lemon peel, mix and cool.
3. Put the sliced melon on a plate and pour with lemon syrup. We stand dessert for half an hour and serve.
Recipe 2. Frozen Frozen Melon and Strawberry Dessert
300 g melon pulp,
10 g vanilla sugar
1. Peeled washed melon, peeled, remove seeds and cut into small slices. Spread strawberries in a strainer and rinse under the tap.
2. Fold the melon pieces, strawberries, vanilla sugar and honey into the blender container. We interrupt everything to the state of mashed potatoes.
3. Put the mass in the container and send it to the freezer. Every hour we mix desserts from melon.
4. We spread the dessert in the ice-cream bowls and decorate with strawberry slices.
Recipe 3. Dessert of melon with coconut flakes
270 g melon pulp,
50 g coconut shavings,
40 ml of filtered water
bag of jelly "Mango"
fresh mint for decoration.
1. My melon and peel off. Put the flesh in the bowl of the blender and smash to a puree-like state. Add sugar to puree and mix. If it is too thick, it can be slightly diluted with water.
2. Put the mashed potatoes on the fire and cook, stirring, a couple of minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and pour a bag of jelly into the melon puree. Stir until complete dissolution of the dry jelly. Cool the billet to 40 ° C. Whip the fruit puree with a mixer until foam appears.
4. Line a rectangular container with food film and pour fruit mousse into it. Sent to the freezer for two hours.
5. We take out the cold dessert from the freezer and get it out of shape, pulling the edges of the film. Blade grease with vegetable oil and cut dessert into small pieces. Every roll in coconut chips. Decorate the dish with mint leaves and serve.
Recipe 4. Melon-vanilla marmalade
60 ml of cold boiled water,
fresh lemon juice,
1. Mine and peel the melon. Pulp into cubes and spread in a bowl.
2. Remove the seeds from the vanilla pod with a knife and distribute them along the melon; we also place the pod in a container with a melon. We cover it with sugar and leave it for a couple of hours to make the juice stand out.
3. Put the melon slices on the fire and bring to a boil over moderate heat. Cook at low boil for five minutes.
4. Puree melon immersion blender and again set on fire. Cook from the moment of boiling for another three minutes. Remove from heat and cover with a towel. Leave overnight.
5. Fill the gelatin with cold boiled water, stir and leave to swell.
6. Add to the container with melon freshly squeezed lemon juice. We put on the stove and cook from the moment of boiling up five minutes.
7. Gelatin dissolve in a water bath. Pour it into hot mashed potatoes, mix and pour into small molds. Cool and put in the refrigerator for several hours.
Recipe 5. Dessert from the melon "Breeze on the Sea"
four cookies with the taste of baked milk,
5 g instant coffee,
40 grams of walnuts,
60 grams of black currant,
150 ml of drinking water
1. Wash the melon, wipe it with a napkin, remove the seeds with fibers and peel. Pulp finely crumble. Put a layer on the bottom of the ice-cream pan.
2. Boil water and make instant coffee. Soak half the biscuits in coffee and place on top of the melon.
3. Remove the currant from the branches and rinse under the tap. Put the berries in the next layer on the bowl.
4. Put the remaining biscuits on the currants, soak them in coffee. Cookies cover with a layer of chopped melon. Sprinkle all the finely chopped nuts.
5. Whip sour cream with sugar so that its crystals are completely dissolved. Pour the contents of the creamers with whipped sour cream. From above paint nuts and berries of currant.
Recipe 6. Melon Jelly
150 g melon pulp,
200 ml of drinking water
25 g of food gelatin,
50 grams of granulated sugar.
1. Clean the washed melon from the peel, but do not throw it away. Remove seeds with fibers. Pulp chop into small cubes.
2. Pour water into the pan, add sugar and put it on the stove. Warm up, stirring. When the syrup begins to boil, dip the melon pieces into it. Put a crust here. Boil over moderate heat for five to ten minutes, depending on the hardness of the melon.
3. Fill the gelatin with drinking water, mix and leave to swell. Then dissolve it in the water bath until the granules dissolve completely.
4. Take out a melon skimmer. Throw away the crust. In the broth, add the dissolved gelatin and citric acid. Stir.
5. Arrange the melon in the molds, and fill it with gelatinous mixture. Put the melon forms in the fridge and let them stand until the jelly is completely set.
Recipe 7. Dessert "Aromatic melon"
two glasses of finely chopped melon,
100 ml of condensed milk,
50 ml of lemon juice,
200 ml of 33% cream,
70 ml of drinking water
50 g frozen cherries,
50 g dark chocolate
1. Put 50 g of sugar in water and keep it on fire until it is completely dissolved. Twist the fire to moderate, and cook for another ten minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Cut melon pulp into slices, place them in a blender bowl and smash it to a puree state. Put it in a bowl, add a spoonful of lemon juice and syrup. Mix well. Put in the fridge for an hour and a half.
3. Beat the egg whites into a firm foam. Add it to the frozen melon puree and beat with a mixer for about a minute. Refrigerate again for an hour.
4. Thaw the cherry and smash it in a blender to a puree state. Add a spoonful of sugar to the cherry puree and cook, stirring, over low heat for five minutes.
5. Pour the milk into a saucepan. Put the chocolate into pieces. Put on the fire and melt it, stirring continuously. Combine the melted chocolate with cherry puree.
6. Remove the sorbet from the melon from the refrigerator, and place it in portion wipes. Clean for half an hour in the freezer. Then remove and spread the chocolate mixture. Again, send for half an hour in the freezer.
7. Cream whip into a dense foam. Continue to beat, gradually adding condensed milk and adding lemon juice. Put the ice cream for half an hour in the freezer. After the allotted time, remove, beat again for a minute and spread over the chocolate layer.
8. Remove the form for five hours in the freezer. To remove the dessert, dip the molds in warm water for a few seconds and turn them over in a dish. Garnish with chopped nuts on top.
Melon Desserts - Tips and Tricks
Before you start cooking dessert, try a melon, if it is very sweet, you can reduce the amount of sugar. Conversely, if the melon is not sweet, add more sugar.
Melon desserts are best cooked in individual ice-cream bowls. So they will be more convenient to serve.
Melon marmalade can be rolled in icing sugar or sesame.
Frozen melon dessert will be easier to get out of shape if you lower it for a few seconds in warm water.
Prosciutto with melon
Prosciutto e melone is a popular Italian appetizer, one of the varieties of anti-paste, the preparation of which is simple, as all ingenious. A dish of prosciutto ham and melons can be seen both in the menu of the expensive restaurant and in the usual trattoria. But in each institution it has its own special taste. After all, it all depends on the nuances: varieties of melons, spices, and even filing. Here is one of the variations.
Slice the melon into pieces so large that they can be wrapped in ham slices. Put the rolls on the leaves of arugula, sprinkle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Let stand for a while and serve.
The appetizer will look even more impressive if the balls are molded from the melon pulp with the help of a noisette (an ice cream spoon and a measuring spoon will also fit).
Benefit for every taste
Scientists attribute melon to melon crops. But, in fact, it is a cross between fruits, berries and vegetables. This seemingly unattractive product has a pleasant aroma and a unique delicate flavor. Even in ancient times, people paid attention to its useful properties, and nowadays, scientists have concluded that melon is a real natural storeroom. Despite its reduced calorie content, it is able to normalize the blood condition, strengthen hair, improve the functioning of the kidneys, heart and liver, and also remove toxins and harmful toxins from the body. Women use this product as a means to control their weight and maintain their shape in good condition. Doctors recommend safely include it in a variety of diets. Perhaps this is the main reason that melon dishes are quite numerous and varied. From it you can cook almost everything: salads, desserts, jams and jams, cold snacks, hot dishes, drinks, sauces and unusual soups. It is interesting that even melts are made from the melon for the winter.
You can see that all the melon dishes look somehow unusual. Firstly, they are often quite brightly decorated. And secondly, they include such products that are practically never used together in everyday life. But the result is an excellent result. Take, for example, a melon snack with the famous Parma ham. To cook such a dish, you only need melon (of any size) and the ham itself.
A simple treat is prepared very simply:
- To start, you must rinse the melon, cut it in half with a knife, remove the seeds and peel. From the pulp using a special device to cut balls or simply chop it into cubes of medium size.
- Ham cut into thin slices and wrap them in melon slices.
- Arrange the blanks on a wide plate and decorate with greens. Usually, arugula is used for this option, sprinkled with lightly olive oil, lime juice and sprinkled with pepper and salt.
Such melon dishes are cold appetizers of famous Italian cuisine.
Melon jam is one of the varieties of numerous desserts. Among other things, it is also a way to prepare a unique and useful product for the winter. And in order to expand the assortment list, in addition to the main components in the cooking process, apples, bananas, watermelon, lemons, oranges and even vodka are added to the mixture. So, we offer you one of the many options. Cooking can be done in different ways. One of them can be considered on a specific example.The following initial components will be needed: for 1 kilogram of melon pulp 0.5 kg of sugar and apples, as well as a teaspoon of pre-grated lemon zest.
- Grind melon with mashed blender.
- Place the product in a basin (or pan), add sugar and cook on the smallest fire until the sweet mixture as a result becomes similar to fresh honey. During cooking, you must not forget all the time to remove the foam.
- Peel apples and peel, cut into arbitrary cubes and send to the pelvis with the main product. It is necessary to wait until the mass boils.
- Add zest, boil for another 5 minutes and can be laid out on the banks.
Instead of apples in this recipe, you can use a variety of fruits. For example, pears. And for a more pronounced savory taste at the end of cooking, you can add cinnamon and crushed mint leaves.
It is worth noting that it is very easy to make some interesting dish of melon. It can even a child. Take, for example, a melon-lemon smoothie. The main components are already listed in the title. For the preparation will need 0.5 kilograms of melon pulp, 1 lemon and 0.1 kilogram of sugar.
Prepare the dish as follows:
- For a start, you must cut the melon into cubes, and squeeze the juice out of the lemon.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients in the recipe and beat well until a stable homogeneous mass is formed.
After that, smoothies can be poured into glasses and drink with pleasure. It is worth noting that the drink will be noticeably tastier if the melon is selected correctly. It should be as ripe, tender and fragrant as possible. Lemon, in turn, gives the drink a piquancy and allows you to quench your thirst well. This saves many men at the beginning of the work week after a hectic weekend. Nothing restores lost strength like a glass of fragrant freshly prepared smoothie.
Recipes for the little ones
Many people like frozen food as a dessert. And the children are delighted with them. These dishes with confidence can be attributed sorbet or, as it is called, sherbet. It occupies a worthy place in the cooking section “Melon Recipes”. In principle, the sorbet is a frozen sweet water, which is added to the flavor of fruit puree or juice. If the dish is intended for adults, you can add liquor or wine. For the preparation of the simplest version of the sorbet you need a melon of medium size, as well as the juice of half a lemon (or lime) and 100 grams of sugar.
Cooking should be in 3 stages:
- Preparation of products. The melon should be peeled and seeds, and then cut into cubes. From citrus squeeze juice.
- Put the products in a blender and beat well. Pour the puree into a clean container, cover and place in the freezer for a couple of hours.
- After the time the product to get and again beat in a homogeneous mass. The resulting mixture is placed in a container and put in the freezer already for the night.
The next day, put a frozen mashed potatoes in a bowl in a bowl or a dessert plate with a special spoon. It is possible to decorate a delicacy with mint leaves or other fragrant greens.
If you look through cooking aids and pay attention to melon dishes, the recipe for the soup will immediately be evident. Of course, because the basic generally accepted norms are a bit violated in it. Most people believe that soup is a liquid dish made by boiling its ingredients. In this case, it is a sweet, fragrant mixture. To prepare such an unusual "first" one will need 1 small melon, 0.5 liters of champagne, a glass of peach juice, pumpkin seeds and a few mint leaves.
Cook soup can be as follows:
- Pulp melon cut into small pieces and load them into a blender. Send juice and champagne there.
- Mix the product mixture into a homogeneous mass, resembling sour cream.
- Mass pour into a free container and send briefly in the refrigerator.
- Pour the cooled mixture into a plate and decorate with greens and seeds.
For greater effect, instead of the usual dish, you can use another melon. And for this it is necessary to cut it in half and free each part from the core and seeds with the help of an ordinary tablespoon.
Melon and Chicken Salad
This snack you can make to the festive table, serve during a hen party or a friendly get-together. The original combination of products can not leave indifferent even the most stringent critic. The recipe for this salad will not cause you any difficulties:
- Take one smoked chicken breast, remove the skin and remove the fillet from the bone. Cut the meat into small slices.
- One small melon (about 400 grams) cut into several pieces, remove the seeds from the fibrous part and peel. Prepared pulp also cut into slices.
- A small bunch of fresh mint and salad corn tear your hands.
- Put the prepared products in a salad bowl, season them with salt and pepper, add a little oil and mix.
- Spread grated cheese in small portions onto a pre-heated pan, fry and place on a napkin to get rid of excess fat.
- Put ready salad on plates, decorate it with cheese chips, watercress, melon slices and cranberries.
You can also make this dish more satisfying if you fill it with homemade mayonnaise or yoghurt sauce instead of vegetable oil.
This delicious dessert is prepared very quickly and does not require special skills from the chef. That is why this recipe is indispensable when meeting unexpected guests. You can make a melon pie very simply:
- In a large bowl, mix 300 grams of cottage cheese with one yolk and half a cup of sugar.
- 500 grams of ripe melon free from seeds and cut off the peel. Cut the flesh into cubes and add to the curd.
- Pound three yolks and a half cups of sugar to make the dough. Chilled proteins in the refrigerator, whip into a foam, gradually adding to them the second half of a cup of sugar. Combine the prepared products with two glasses of sifted flour and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a baking dish with butter, pour half of the dough into it, then lay out the stuffing and finish assembling the cake with the second part of the dough.
Bake the dessert in a preheated oven for half an hour and do not forget to check its readiness with a wooden stick or a match. Serve the cake to the table, pre-decorating it with powdered sugar or nuts.
To make this sweet treat, you need two or three small melons with a smooth crust. The recipe is as follows:
- Rinse the melons thoroughly and cut the top layer off the peel (no more than two millimeters). For this purpose you can use a vegetable cutter.
- After that, cut the melons into several pieces and remove the pulp with a spoon to a solid layer (this time we will not need it).
- Cut the crusts into small pieces, and then put them in a saucepan with water and two spoons of lemon juice. Blanch them there for a few minutes.
- Throw melon slices into a colander, rinse under cool water and dry.
- From 750 grams of sugar and half a liter of water, boil a sweet syrup, and then pour the prepared crusts on it. Cook the candied fruit over low heat for ten minutes, and then let it stand for 10 hours.
- Repeat the last procedure two more times, and lastly add two tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Discard the prepared mixture in a colander and let excess liquid drain for one hour.
- Put the crusts in a sieve and place to dry in a preheated oven for one hour.
Sprinkle sugar over the candied melon and leave to lie at room temperature for two or three days. After that, place the sweets in a container and store them under a closed lid.
What can be made from melon for the winter? Of course, a variety of sweets, jams and jams. To make a simple melon jam, you will need:
- Peel one large melon from the skin and seeds, and then cut its pulp into small cubes.
- Pour into a pan of water, boil it. Put cooked melon for five minutes.
- Throw the pieces into a colander and drain excess liquid.
- From the water and sugar, boil the syrup (for one kilogram of melon - one kilogram of sugar) and send the pieces into it.
- Jam should be boiled three times for ten minutes, taking breaks of 10 hours and adding sweet syrup if necessary.
In the process of cooking do not forget to remove the foam and mix the contents of the pan.
Lemon and Melon Jam
Melon recipes for the winter are simple enough and not too different from each other. Therefore, we offer you a recipe for an original dessert that will delight you and your loved ones in cold winter evenings. To make melon jam, do the following:
- Pulp one melon cut into small pieces, do not forget to carefully remove all the bones and peel.
- Pour the prepared pulp with sugar and leave it alone for one night (at least 10 hours).
- In the morning, put the melon in the pan and put it on the fire.
- Rinse and slice one lemon thinly. Squeeze the second lemon into the pan, in which melon was cooked.
- When the jam boils, reduce the heat to a minimum and cook for about an hour.
- After that, remove the dishes from the stove and let cool its contents.
Arrange the melon jam in sterilized jars and close them with lids.
What can be cooked from a melon for the winter, except for sweet preserves and jams? We suggest you stock up on delicious juice, the recipe of which you can read below:
- Peel the three lemons, cut each into four pieces and remove all the bones from them.
- Pulp ripe two-kilogram melon cut into small pieces.
- Using a blender, grind the prepared products, and mash the resulting puree through a sieve.
- Combine melon with water (one and a half liters) and 180 grams of sugar.
- Pour the juice over the sterilized jars and cover with clean lids.
- Put the dishes with the juice in a pot of water, and at the bottom of it, first place a towel. Boil the jars for ten minutes, then remove them and close the lids.
Turn the blanks upside down, wrap a blanket and leave to cool in this form. After that, melon juice should be stored in a cool and dark place. It has an original, unusual taste.
Melon and Ham Appetizer
What can you make from a melon for the holiday if you want to surprise your guests? In this case, we offer you an original snack, the recipe of which you can read below:
- Cut one ripe and sweet melon in half, remove the seeds and fibrous part from the center.
- Using a carving spoon, cut small balls out of the pulp.
- Prepare 350 grams of Parma ham - it should be cut into thin strips.
- Wrap balls of melon in ham sheets and pin them with toothpicks.
Put the snack on the dish and serve immediately to the table. Please note that this dish should not be kept in the refrigerator for a long time, as it can lose its beautiful appearance.
Salad with cucumber and melon
The gentle taste of this dish will surely please you and your loved ones, and it is very simple to cook it:
- Cut one melon in half and from one part take out the pulp.
- One cucumber peel and cut it into half rings.
- For dressing, mix 150 grams of natural yoghurt, a tablespoon of lemon juice and two spoons of olive oil. Add salt and pepper to sauce to taste.
- Mix melon pulp, minced cucumber and yoghurt dressing.
- Put the salad in an empty half of a melon and decorate it with slices of cucumber and roses of radish or carrot.
This original salad, consisting of only two ingredients, will impress your guests and give them great pleasure.
We will be happy if you like the recipes collected in this article. Now that you know what can be made from a melon, you should have no difficulty in this matter. Surprise your relatives with delicious dishes and try new recipes more often.